Thursday 23 June 2011

Figures in Motion, my latest paintings in acrylic...


This series of paintings are inspired by movement using couples dancing salsa as the main subject matter.
The idea was to look at movement and create pictures by implementing a combination of concepts I learned while studying animation with traditional painting techniques using the medium of acrylic paint on board. I wanted the first couple of paintings to be more figurative and then each painting to become slightly more abstract than the last. This is an area I will be developing in my personal work.


5 comments:

  1. Dude, these are awesome!!! I love the first & third one especially! but they're all great. Are there any more coming?

    -M-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi James,

    I managed to pop into Cafe Fresh later in day to view your work. I like the expressive movement of your work and look forward to seeing more.

    kind regards
    angela

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks very much guys! Yo Max and Mark I'll give you a shout ASAP looking forward to catching up proper!
    Angela thanks for taking time out to see my work, I know how much you love non -starbucks coffee! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. your welcome james lol but i got away without having to buy coffee hahaha as it was near closing time hehe

    ReplyDelete